Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bang, Bang!


I wanted to blog for Friday, yesterday, but seeing as how I was too tired, I thought I would bring you up to speed on the better half of my day. Right to the point, after work yesterday the guy whom I work with knowing I have never shot a firearm before decided it would be a good idea to take me out to the shooting range with his custom built 22 rifle. He couldn't have been more right in doing so. I had a blast. I think it paid off playing shooting video games over the years because I felt comfortable holding and squeezing the trigger and waiting in much anticipation of hearing that muzzle fire off a round and the bullet zinging off a metal pole I was aiming for about 75 feet down the range.

The scope makes a huge difference of course being able to see what it is you wish to hit up close. The trick was trying to keep the thing steady. After the pole, Dave set up some empty 12 gauge shot gun shells down range standing them up right. I believe I hit two out of the 5 or 6 he had. He managed to finish off the rest in single shots. All in all I had a great time and have really seen weaponry in a different light. I can see how it can be a fun hobby or how it would definitely do you a world of wonders if your out on the land by yourself and ever got into a situation where your life depended on it. Because of yesterday, I am now pursuing all the necessary routes to go in order to get licensed to own and shoot a gun. Of course, I am also looking at rifles now.

The rifle at the top of the page is NOT the rifle we used. It is a rifle however I am keen on. Pretty deadly looking if you ask me.

No comments: