Saturday, November 7, 2009

3 Days Grace

Ok, so I am three days into the much debated, Atkins Diet. I have been watching my carb intake and although I am allowed 22 grams of carbs a day, I may have went over last night by double that. So Friday night may or may not have been a washout. Considering Thursday I had no carb intake what so ever, I feel I am still on track to loosing something by November 19th. It has not been THAT difficult buying foods with little or no carbs, and it's been great eating some really healthy delicious foods. Egg omlettes with green/red bell peppers, onion, cheese and mushroom, a cup of coffee with sweetener and a scoop of coffee whitener at 2 grams of carbs. Last night I had turkey stir fry. No added sauces, just plain as anything with a little pepper and a dash of salt. It was very good. I have loads of fish to eat and chicken and other meats as steak. I do find it odd when I start to crave carb foods and want to reach for those pretzels, or a slice of bread.

I will not weigh in either until the 19th. As I last saw my weight before I started this funky diet, was 247lbs, I want to see some kind of an improvement. I would be happy to see 239lbs. Though I have heard of men loosing up to 14lbs in two weeks.

On another note I had a great night playing Bingo with friends and although nobody won out of 15 of us, Lori coming within one number away from $8,000...we had a spectacular time. The game got better once our friends set up their little guy, Sebastian, who is only 4, on the karaoke machine and he began calling out the numbers after they were called out by the man on the radio. Yes, Radio Bingo.

No comments: