Thursday, March 18, 2010

A New Horizon

My goodness. I swear I have not forgotten about you guys! I have been so busy I have had little time to blog for the longest time. I do come back with a vengeance though with some great news. Ok the deal is I have never really had a career. I have always worked at odd jobs, some that have been very good to me over the years, and others that have not been. For once in my life I get a fighting chance like everyone else. A wonderful opportunity has arrived at my feet in the form of a program out of Morrisburg, ON called the Operating Engineers Training Institute of Ontario. It is a ten week long course for obtaining my heavy equipment operators license and I couldn't be happier as I have been chosen as one of the successful candidates yesterday. I leave Rankin Inlet April 10th 2010 and end the course on June 18th. Just in time to fly out to Newfoundland for July 9th to get married!

I have posted for you curious ones the link HERE. I am excited to go as is Melissa but at the same time, we done this 'apart' thing from one another last year under different circumstances and it was tough. I hope this year is a little easier knowing that we are doing this both for good reason. I gotta go as my time is cut short yet again but really had to do an update with you all. Keep in touch!

No comments: