Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick.

I can't believe this is the second year in the north I will be doing and again for the second time in a row within my first month here, I have gotten ill just as I did last year in Kugluktuk. It has been identical, got a touch of flu, accompanied by an ear infection. Only this time to throw into the mix, I also got an eye infection. Cause? My contacts, the sun or the wind. Haven't figured out which one exactly but does it really matter right now? I can't believe I can have so many ailments at once.

On another note to date, the job hunt is still on the go. As September nears, as does my birthday on September 1st, it appears more likely I may be in as daycare assistant manager. I have applied at so many places here, the school, the Northern, the daycare, the library, the health care centre, First Air, Canadian North, CIBC bank, RBC bank, and the Canada Post office. I'm sure I missed a couple to list. It's now become a wait and see game. I had one interview so far that was with Canada Post, it felt liked it went well, but who really knows.

No comments: