Friday, August 28, 2009

Tonka Trucks Anyone?


Yea, ok so today i got to drive a front end loader. Exactly like the one you see above there. Not difficult at all, learned it within 3 minutes of getting in it. So I've flown a Cessna with an instructor, Raymond Reach forklift, a gas & electric lift, a scissors lift, a motorcycle, trucks, and now a front end loader and of course, cars. Nice little resume of vehicles. I have yet to attempt one more vehicle of sorts that one day I wish to own as well, a boat.

The work with the construction company I'm with is going great. We just about have the fence for the FOL, Forward Observation Lookout, a building that was constructed in the 80's for the American Army to watch for the Russians, has never been used. I was given a tour of the inside where everything is still new, and unused. A fully stocked kitchen, offices, bathrooms and rooms. It is basically a barracks. But the building is maintained as is the fence around it that has been ruined by snow plowing and permafrost which pushes the fence posts up out of the ground, thus pushing the fence as a whole, upwards and out of the ground. So we cut all the metal ties on it, pull the fence downward level to the ground, pull the posts straight again with the front end loader and a chain and push them downward into the ground and re-post the top post of the fence, cap them, and tie on the metal ties again.

I have an interview tomorrow for meat manager in the Northern. I would basically be a butcher. Lot's of great benefits and I am looking forward to hearing what they have to offer to me tomorrow.

No comments: