Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Thar She Blows!

Wow. Talk about a wind warning. Yup, a wind warning was issued and boy they weren't lying about how windy it was going to get. It was at most, 80kmp/h and with the rain at times, made it hard to walk in. Nothing in town as far as I know was damaged, other than my building lost power this morning and was running on the back up generators until the electrical truck got out here and fixed us up. I wouldn't be surprised if damage was done else where in town. As of right now, the wind is still howling and the building is actually swaying so much, you can feel your body rocking back and forth on the couch. The plate glass window in our living room is buckling.

I can definitely understand now why the locals here say that when we get snowed in by a storm, we get SNOWED IN permanently! Up to a week is nothing unusual here. Kugluktuk got snow, and some wind, but nothing like what we are in for this year. My boss says as it is, this town has had it easy the past two winters making us due for a big one. I'll have the camera ready.

On another note, my birthday was today and I really was not looking forward to turning 35. Why celebrate getting old? I would like to start celebrating getting younger lol. Maybe next year, maybe next year.

No comments: