Monday, August 31, 2009

Opportunities

Seems the phone calls for employment opportunities is finally paying off. I thought my resumes were lost amongst the resume Gods. Turns out, people are just slow. Nonetheless, I have now received a phone call back from Canada Post office in regards to my interview. They tell me I passed with flying colours. I need to figure out now according to my inside source whether it's privately owned or is it Federal before I make any decisions.

Until then, the fence at the FOL site is coming along nicely and very fast. According to the boss, if i don't slow down, I will work myself right out of a job. So the guy I am working with, and myself have acquired a nice grove and pace along with a good system to repairing it.




This was to be a two week job that is going for a finished goal of approximately eight working days. Good for me, there is yet another site we need to fix the fence there too.

On another note, speaking to a local today, he tells me of how they catch the bigger whales here or like in Resolute Bay where they caught a 100 foot bowhead whale earlier today, they use a grenade launcher with a harpoon and a grenade attached to the harpoon arrow. You can imagine from there pretty much what happens upon impact of the harpoon and grenade on the whale. KABOOM! Like shooting fish in a barrel. I will hopefully get a chance to see this one year.

No comments: