Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another Usesless Blog





So Halloween is fast approaching and I have a part of my costume here with me, as you can see from above. It's my Vampire contacts. To complete the costume, I have the modifiable teeth coming and a full ensemble for a male Vampire from the 18th century. As well Melissa will compliment me by going as my Vamprira. That's the female vampire terminology. Or so I have read as I am not into the whole Vampire genre and vowed to never go for Halloween as a Vampire. But alas, here I go. We have been invited to 3 separate parties on that night and it will be a challenge to do them all. But I look forward to it.

On a more exciting note I have finally landed the big career. For years I thought I would be constantly doing hard labour work with my hands and back. Now I get a chance to give those things a rest and exercise the brain as a CSR (customer service representative). A bank teller should be a new exciting role for me at this point in my life. As well, there are some phenomenal benefits to boot. I won't get into them here, but worth it enough to take a try at this position and give it 100% of my best. I hope for my sake, it works out.

The weather here in Rankin Inlet is certainly getting colder as well as the days getting shorter & darker. Good thing for us we have a seasonal disorder light put out in the living room which we need only 15 minutes use of in the mornings to fight the winter blahs this year. We have lot's of vitamin D to boot as well. We have at this point befriended some really nice people up here who we call our friends of the North. Kugluktuk had nice people, but no one I would ever converse with again. This Thanksgiving weekend we have a nice couple with their 4 year old coming over for a turkey feast and spend time with us over this weekend. I couldn't ask for better people, nor a better fiancee to spend it with. For this I am very thankful.

All in all my time in Rankin has been pleasant and fruitful. I foresee us staying here for many years to come. Now I need to get my best friend up here, Lexus my cat.

No comments: