Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Walking Experience







Today I got out for a walk in around a new area of Rankin Inlet I had never been. It was very beautiful outside today and I took advantage of that as best I could by bringing out my big boy camera, the Nikon D60 DSLR. I made sure to bring a air tight baggie with me as to make sure before I go back inside condensation doesn't build up on the inside of the camera. The air tight baggie defeats this by letting the condensation build up on the outside of the baggie. Letting the camera warm up to room temperature prior to removing it from the baggie finally. Anyway....as I have company sitting here now, rudely I am still blogging away simply because I MUST blog! I am attempting to put up some of my town pictures I took today. I even found an old spot light up top of a hill that is no longer in use. I thought about how it reminded me of the Batman spotlight they use to signal him at night time. I also met two local men who were caring for their racing dogs.

I took the opportunity to just stand up top of a hill, all alone with the silence of my surroundings except for the wind that was blowing cold off the Hudson's Bay. Taking in the sight of the vastness of the land and the frozen over water. I enjoy these 'by myself' moments as they are rare but I am grateful for them due to the one on one feeling with myself and the land. Today was so warm out too, just -10. It would be great if it could remain this was all winter. I know it won't :(

No comments: