Sunday, January 17, 2010

A New Dawn

Tomorrow marks the first day of my new job in the north. Hotel Desk Supervisor at the Siniktarvik here in Rankin Inlet. This isn't a big role, although it carries many duties to the role it is a good start for Melissa and I. We had been hoping CIBC which hired me a few months ago would have been our big ticket in the north to making headway financially up here would work out until I quit that gig. Not the smartest move, but I was very unhappy in what I was doing and was miserable doing it. That was just in the first 3 weeks. After the 4th, decided to leave.

The Siniktarvik offers lot's of room for advancement and a fairly decent offer was put before me after helping them out with security work over the holidays that consisted of me doing that during the nights. Sacrificing our holidays to see what if anything, would come out of the security stint, I did it. Glad I did, as I will be once again, working full time and hope everything works out well for us. Training begins this week, on board fully the week after. I am excited for a new venture and a new beginning. Hopefully, this is the last job I will need to ever apply for.

On another note about making it in the north, I want to wish my future sister in law and her fiancee, Lori & Matt, the very best of luck back in Whitby, Ontario as they left from Kugluktuk, Nunavut after a year and a half. They were coaxed to come up by us last year and had the opportunity to experience the north with us. They did exceptionally well and enjoyed themselves but are very happy to be home. I hope Matt has a good game tonight as he is back playing with his recreational hockey league team, The Mighty Pigs. Looking forward to seeing you both this summer in Newfoundland when we all four of us get married in July!

One last note of recognition goes to my blog readers. I have no idea who some of you are, as many do not post comments and this is perfectly fine. But I definitely want to thank you for taking time out of your lives to stop by and read my blog postings. Not much point in doing this if no one is reading it really. My tracker at the bottom tells me I am close to reaching my first 1000 visitors. That is exciting for me being new to blogging. To the Nunie Award nominees, I wish you all the best of luck as the results are still pending.

Till next time...

No comments: