Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ouch, Yummy, Aaah.

Haha, ok. So the title of this blog is a little odd. For multiple reasons too. The ouch is for the frost bite I got on my cheek. My first ever frost bite. I wear this frost bite like a decorated solider who wears his medals. I actually remember the moment I am sure I got hit by it too. This war wound I proudly show off to others. Although not blackened, no dead tissue abound, it is red, and hurts to the touch.

Yummy is for the mukta (check spelling) I tried for the first time last night. It was good, I could see myself eating more as long as I had hot sauce for it. I can definitely see the survival side of it out on the land. The whale blubber warms your blood as does caribou meat. One of the natural secrets the Inuit must use to keep so warm out on the land. If you have the chance to eat some, I recommend at least giving a go once. I can now say for myself, I have tried it.

The 'aaahh' was for finally visiting the local Legion here in Rankin Inlet. Having never been and seeing as how fellow blogger BNorthern is leaving the north to go back home in the south, and I wish him all the very best in all his future endeavors, I wanted to go to show him some thanks for helping me out when it was needed.

So another "blizzard" hit Rankin Inlet as of last night and canceled flights across the board. Ha, I seen more blizzards at a Dairy Queen than in Rankin Inlet. Not axing Rankin at all, but c'mon weather guys. Your the experts? I get a better prediction from Nostradamus on the end of days for crying out loud.

Ok, cigar and cognac time....till we met again bloggers.

No comments: