Monday, February 1, 2010

Paranormal Activity

Ghosts or no ghosts, the show must go on.

This is my motto at the hotel I work at. Ok, so what building or hotel doesn't have some rumor of a haunting or sighting of some kind? The Siniktarvik from what I am learning is no different. Happenings in the kitchen area, sightings in hallways, doors opening and from what I have experienced myself, falling metal gravy boats such as the ones pictured below.

Now, I am caught in between of, believing and not believing. Being a logical person who requires facts first, I am finding all of this stuff hard to swallow. However, when I was working night shift at the hotel doing security work for them during the holidays, I was the ONLY person with access (security codes & door keys) to the rooms, dining room, offices and kitchen areas. Two separate occasions occurred where upon entering the kitchen area, as the time clock is placed in there, to clock myself in I had discovered the above pictured metal gravy boats strewn about on the floor. I found this odd, but thought, the servers or cooks must have knocked them in a rush trying to leave at the end of the day and left them.

A second night I had found sandwich toothpicks all over the floor in the kitchen. In the exact same area as the gravy boats. My third experience was great. I actually had heard the crashing noise of the gravy boats hitting the floor as I was close by the kitchen area. I was in the hallway just outside the kitchen door. Upon entering I began to loudly ask the logical question, "Who's in here?!" With no response I scoured the large kitchen and dining room area with my flash light. Doors were locked, windows shut tight, no breezes or anything of the sort, no alarms going off.

The cooks today told me of their own personal experiences in the kitchen while working. Things being moved when they left them somewhere else. Front desk staff have told me of sightings out of the corner of their eyes. Today took the cake for sure with the house keepers who called me at the front desk from upstairs where they were cleaning. The call brought me to a room where the three house keepers were standing outside the door waiting for me with the room door open. I entered. They pointed out the upside down paper coffee cups they leave for the next guests beside the coffee pot with the two brown stir sticks on top of the cups, in the shape of a cross. They pointed out the bed by the window where the bed cover was shifted as if someone had sat on the corner end of the bed. This was a room where someone had passed away supposedly.

They asked me if I can get the room blessed. I explained to them we would look into it of course. My conclusion on all of this is still a little iffy. Is something really happening at the Siniktarvik Hotel at night, or is someone playing games with us? If this stuff is right up your alley, then the Siniktarvik is the place for you to stay in Rankin.

"Boo!"

No comments: