Thursday, January 21, 2010

Take 2

Ok, ok. So my blog wasn't so user friendly yesterday lol. Or very pleasant on the eyes. Thanks to some fellow bloggers and advice from them, I did a little more tweaking with my blog page. I hope this is a little more pleasing to the eyes. With that being done, enough on that subject. I removed the poll as to whether or not the page was good, boring, whatever, whatever.

What I really wanted to blog about was this Nutri-System I have been using. Last Saturday was day one. I started at 254lbs. The biggest I have weighed. Today, just 5 days later, a few workouts on the elliptical trainer and a whole lot of Nutri-System meals and glasses of water later I am weighing in at 247 today. I feel good about this weight loss. I hate, hate the portion sizes offered up in Nutri-System however. They are no bigger than what a gerbil would dine on for a late night snack. That goes for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Though I did have a treat today for lunch, whole wheat pita bread with steak cut up into little bite size pieces with mozzarella cheese, green pepper, onion and a little fat free ranch sauce. Mmmmm mmmmm!! Ok, did I deserve it? Was it worth it? Did I cheat myself? I have no idea whatsoever but I can certainly tell you, it was fan-freakin-tastic!

And though I did treat myself today to at least something that resembles a darn meal, I will be right on track again tonight for dinner and have a treat day tomorrow, I will be ok. To see the scale weight looking back at me with a much smaller number than the day before is encouraging. I firmly now believe that daily tracking of your weight is motivating enough. Though I don't expect to see everyday results, I will continue to reap the rewards of what Nutri-System has to offer.

Till next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Will,
Like your new blog, the page is opening a little too big in Firefox so I am having to scroll a little from left to right.

So glad Nutri-system is working out for you. I had a friend who lost 40 lbs on it and she kept it off as well and this is 10 years later! I remember her talking about the gerbil portions but she was glad for the many safe snacks ( popcorn etc)

Good luck! :)