Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hello There

If I can ever come away with anything from my blogs it is this: gratification in knowing someone has actually been reading these things. Ok, so I know I have hits per day. I can see my visitor tracker. I know someone is visiting my page, but are they actually reading this stuff? As it turns out, I have an actual reader who confirmed, they do indeed READ my blogs! Not only did they confirm this, but did so IN person! Wow, look at me, a little guy getting fans coming up to me just to meet the famous Prince of the North!

Ok, ok...so it really is just simply more so someone who reads my blog happened upon me while at work knowing full well who I was because they read my blogs. I'm not that famous that people will fly around the world to come meet me, just yet. Give it another couple of blogs. Seriously, I would like to thank her for taking time out of her morning to stop and chat with me. To keep her identity safe, all I will say is, "Hi", she knows who she is. Lol.

She is the second person I have met who reads my blogs. Aside from my fiancee that is and her family, but I know them already. So with that said, I certainly was encouraged, and very enthused by the whole thing. To me, this was the gratification I had been seeking from my blogs even though I never knew I was.

On another note totally not related, tonight I decided a little treat for my fiancee. I made some hot chocolate, put it in a thermos, and loaded up the ski doo. I took her out on the land under the cover of darkness lit only by the green shimmer of the Aurora Borealias above us and a flickering headlight from the snow machine while aiming the skis for the white snow ahead. We arrived at a spot that was great while under the stars to watch the Northern Lights dance with such divinity much like the Roman Goddess of which they were named, Aurora.



We turned off the machine, and heard nothing but the stillness of the land. I unzipped the backpack, took out two plastic white cups and sat them on the seat of the snowmobile and poured in the still steaming hot chocolate from the thermos. We sipped on it and talked and watched the Northern Lights dance around. Small moments like that remind how lucky I am to have had a chance to even meet my fiancee.

I love you Melissa.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I read it, too. :)

Will Burton said...

Lol, well thank you very much Megan. I suppose to actually meet someone who reads your bogs is humbling in a way. :)

Mike in NC said...

OK, I read it from time to time. I find it interesting to see how people from other "parts" live. Your part of the world certainly has its' extreme qualities. I love the pic and hope to someday see the AB.

Will Burton said...

Well thanks Mike. NC, North Carolina I presume. Nice to know someone as far as you are interested in the way life is lived way up here. Hopefully you do get to see the northern side of the hemisphere.

Mike in NC said...

Well, I've seen a bit of BC; Whistler, Squamish, Vancouver and Victoria. That's about it, but I have been to that area several times and love it. And yes, NC is North Carolina.