Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Burton Project

Although my blog is geared towards my time in the North, I am taking a bit of a turn with it. I need to lose weight. For health purposes more than anything really and for my own peace of mind. So in short I will be allowing you, the reader to experience my weight loss experience as I try to lose a set goal of 67 lbs by June 1st, 2010. Or, 180lbs. That's 7 months. I will be starting this on November 1st, 2009. I will still blog about my northern experience but will be including more photos of my weight loss with my blogs. I will do measurements, weight recordings and photo recordings to track my progress. My goal is to keep myself motivated as well, I may be able to motivate others who are wanting to lose some weight.

I have been skinny most of my life, 170lbs. Up until about age 23 when I started noticing I was gaining weight due to lack of exercise, metabolism and fast foods. Oh, buying a car didn't help me either as I was notorious for walking everywhere I needed to go. Now at age 35 I weigh 248lbs. I stand a mere 5 foot, 8 inch's. I have a speculated BMI (body mass index) of roughly 37.55. Although I like using this BMI as a guide, nothing is perfect. Nor is my BMI score. My fiancee and I are ordering a elliptical trainer in the next coming week.

This northern experience is my time in the north, and my weight loss is, The Burton Project.

3 comments:

Megan said...

That is an excellent goal, and it will be attainable with hard work. I did it myself about two years ago. Stay focused. You can do it.

Will Burton said...

Thanks Megan.

Clare said...

Good luck with the weight loss. It looks like we have similar goals. When I got to Arctic Bay I was a fairly fit 205 and continued to gain until a trip to the nursing station a couple of months ago revealed I was 265. I've since lost 40 lbs of that, by eating smaller portions, and eliminating pop and snacks. The first 35 went quickly, and I'm sort of stuck on 225 now.

Looking forward to keeping up with your progress. Best of luck.