Monday, November 30, 2009

Shipping Blues

This blog is going to be negative filled with a topping of hate. The topic? Shipping in the north. Let me start by taking you back to last year when I was back in Kugluktuk, NU and the shipping was fair. Wait times were decent, the ETA on items were expected and appropriate and, and they came in one piece.




Sears can go screw themselves. This company not only charges an arm & a leg for shipping, but they also lost my big ticket item. How can a company not have a way bill number for an elliptical trainer that weighs in excess of 300 pounds and stands 5 feet tall? How does the airline that supposedly retrieved it not be able to account for it either? Are you kidding me? So let me get this right Sears; you took a customers Visa number, charged $1300, followed through with the item to be purchased by sending it out to an airline and then exchanged no papers, with no way to track the item and left the costumer dangling in midair without a hope in Heaven of ever finding it nor a care in the world from your end? By the way, to the dough head woman on the other end of my phone tonight from Sears Corporate....next time either take the damned gum out of your mouth before dealing with a costumer so I can understand what in the blue hell your trying to say, or choke on it and drop dead. You were as useless as Brittany Spears at a Sunday church gathering.

So while I am waiting for Sears and Calm Air to figure out where the hell my elliptical is, on to another airline. First Air. This airline sent me my first tv, an older model tube tv, earlier this year to me, scratched to hell on the glass screen. My fault, it wasn't packed right. But then sent my second tv to me, packed correctly and safely, smashed. Filed a claim on it, two months later, no progress. I am left with a broken brand new, flat screen tv sitting in the bedroom closet fermenting and growing dust like an old baseball mitt. Now, on to my third airline, Canadian North. I had first placed an order for some alcohol. Yes, I am a criminal for wanting to enjoy a drink on a Friday night after work. Anyway, placed it a week ago....nothing has ever arrived, no one has ever contacted me about it, no prayers have been answered. Come to find out, hello over there in Iqaluit, tell the liqueur warehouse I need my order processed and if they can't, to call me!!

Shipping in the north is about as smooth as William Hung's songs.

No comments: