Friday, December 11, 2009

Good Times

Last night I got to chat it up with an old buddy of mine I used to work with polishing aircraft for AirCanada Jazz. It was really a complete debacle but nonetheless, this is what we did. Whether or not we maintained or mangled these poor airplanes is beyond me but I had a lot of fun doing it. It was good to hear from him as he has pursued the interesting and painful world of MMA. Mixed Martial Arts. I realized while talking to him that every moment is taken for granted. Time we spend with friends, loved ones and when we have a 'moment' in life, it all will pass and time will go on and one day you may never have that opportunity to enjoy life as it is happening right then and there. Trials and tribulations are all a part of life, and taken out of my buddy's book last night, we cannot go through life pissed off with everything, just take it for what's it worth. Thanks Stranix!

On another note, this whole volunteer firefighting position is becoming fairly lax. I was told by our instructor, that if more of us are not going to show up for weekly practices, some of us are going to face reprecautions. Hello! We volunteer! Are we to be fired from our volunteer positions?! This was a pretty ridiculous statement made but then followed up with, "This wouldn't happen in the south". Well, they also get paid in the south to volunteer my dear. So perhaps looking at another solution such as paying us to show would be your only option. Now, I show either way simply because I am interested in firefighting and always have been all my life. I could care less if I am paid for this particular experience. Although, I could very well use the money.

Lastly, this is the third winter storm watch Rankin Inlet has received in a month and I am really thinking this is either going to be a big blizzard as they say, or just another light dusting with a little blowing wind. How did you guys do over there Whale Cove?

Till next time....

No comments: