Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Achey Breaky Back

Ok, ok....I know I been missing my blog updates as I was doing so well. I had some time out. I was doing night shift work for two and a half weeks which totally and utterly ripped up my sleeping schedule and my fiancee's. Threw off our holiday plans and left us feeling alone. Being on different time schedule's is not fun. Her and I found it hard to get used to making time for seeing one another. I ended up finishing my work doing night security between two hotels early due to throwing (I never threw it anywhere) my back out. Let me tell ya, if you have never experienced the wonderful friendship of pain and immobilization, you aren't living then. The fact I originally threw out my back three and a half years ago in Kentucky, US by participating in my own personal strong man competition was a stupid thing to do. That fridge weighed a lot! In any case, I reaggravated it last year in Kugluktuk simply by washing my hands leaning over the sink.

The pain strikes like lightening and brings a grown man to his knees. Then your laid up for a week. My sister in law to be also experienced this about a month ago. So once again, while shaving in the bathroom (why am I always in the can when this happens?) when it struck again. The trick is a couple of key things; ibuprofen 3 times a day, lay on your back on the floor with your knees up, and do 20 minutes of heat compress and 20 minutes of a cold compress. I also think my future mother in law would also suggest Gatorade. Good for everything that ails ya.

With my back feeling a bit better after 3 days, I am still careful not to do anything suddenly. Last thing I need is to be out of commission for an extra week you know.

On another note, six months from this day, my fiancee, Melissa Dunphy and I marry in Newfoundland and it couldn't come any sooner. With such little time left, we still feel there is so much left to do.

Life in Rankin Inlet is just fine. However, I find I do miss certain aspects of life from down home in Ontario. I miss my cats, Lexus and Casey. They are being well cared for and I am grateful for that. I miss driving. I don't yet have a vehicle in Rankin and I love to drive. I could drive for days straight. I miss Tim Horton's. I miss my friends. I miss my idiot brother's. I miss stopping at a garbage sale on someone's property to go through the shit they no longer want, but will try and sell to you. I miss saying hello to people in downtown Toronto only to have them give you the middle finger or tell you where to go. Yea, I miss those things.

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, I will once again try to keep my ever so boring blogs updated more frequently as I once did. Hope your all having a good start to the new year everyone.

Till next time....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We DO have a lot left to do. We'd better get on the ball.

Tammy said...

I'll let you in on a little secret: http://shop.timhortons.com/
They ship North and the shipping costs are reasonable and so is the shipping time. It took 9 days for my box of Tim Horton goodness to come from Ontario (don't quote me on that, it could be Vancouver) to Kugaaruk, NU [We also only get mail 3x per week so it may have been here the day before without me knowing it]
and don't sweat the small stuff when it comes to your wedding; you will get it done and if you don't then just don't tell anyone and no-one will know about it. I planned my wedding two years ago from Manitoba and I know your pain. (We got married in Antigonish, NS)

Will Burton said...

Thanks Tammy!

Anonymous said...

[COLOR="Red"][B]Click on the pictures to view in full size[/B][/COLOR]

[URL=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/details.php?image_id=12779][IMG]http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/data/media/32/Asin-80.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/details.php?image_id=7237][IMG]http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/data/media/32/Asin-71.jpg[/IMG][/URL]


[url=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/cat-Asin-32.htm][b]Asin Hot Wallpapers[/b][/url]

Photo gallery at t WallpaperHungama.in is dedicated to Asin Pictures. Click on the thumbnails into enlarged Asin pictures, personal photographs and snobbish photos. Also check exposed other Pictures Gallery representing Expensive grade and Momentous Boldness appearance scans, talking picture captures, talkie promos, wallpapers, hollywood & bollywood pictures, photos of actresses and celebrities